The night I fixed this meal, I had originally planned to fix fish. I have been forcing myself to eat fish regularly; however, I really did not want fish. I went into the kitchen and looked around for something to fix that we had the ingredients for and this is what I came up with.
Note: The picture above is this exact recipe simply made with pasta spirals instead of penne.
Baked Cheesy Penne
- 16 oz Box of Penne Pasta This can be made with your favorite pasta, the picture is using spirals. I use Tinkyada for Gluten Free.
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 Tsp of Basil
- 1/2 Tsp of Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup of Skim Milk
- 1/3 Cup of All White Egg Substitute
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 26 oz Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cook the pasta as directed, once drained mix the egg whites and the pasta in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, adding in the basil, parsley, garlic salt, flour, water, and milk. Continue to stir these ingredients until they are in a smooth consistency.
- In a nonstick skillet, fully cook the ground beef. Once fully cooked mix in with the noodles.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray, then pour the noodle mixture in the bottom of the dish. Spoon the white sauce mixture over the top of the noodles, then cover with the spaghetti sauce. Finally top it off with cheese.
- Bake this in the oven for 20 minutes. I served this with a small side salad.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
PERMANENT POSIES says
Thanks for linking up with me. You were my first link up….ever. This is my first week so…Anyway, your recipe looks awesome and I think I will try it soon. I am planning to do this each week so, maybe I will see you again on Tuesday.
Mommy Hates Cooking says
Thanks for stopping by, I love the link up's…great way to find new recipes!
I will check back again next week!!
I am always looking for new pasta recipes! thanks!
This sounds amazing! And I already have all of the ingredients. I may try this tonight!