As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
A simple one-dish dinner that is perfect for the whole family can be done with these Baked Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops.
To be honest, I’ve had a very hard time getting into the cooking groove lately for dinner time. I’m not sure what it is lately, busy, maybe?
My family eats out very little but then I had a huge awakening when I looked at our bank account the other day and noticed how much we have spent eating out! I about fell over… mouth hit the floor kind of moment.
We immediately realized we needed to reign ourselves in a bit because this was just not like us at all.
I cook daily but for some reason, dinner has just hit the back burner.
I suspect between my son having basketball practice, church nights, and then my husband having oral surgery…I must have run out of time to make dinner? Surely that’s it?
Then, add the sickness on top of it and well dinner didn’t sound so good. I’m over sickness by the way…so over it! Let’s get on to spring and summer… fewer colds!
How do you make Baked Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops?
Now, I’m starting to come out of the fog and regaining my barrings again and that means dinner is a must!
I can make dinner for a fraction of what we pay to eat out, just like I did with these Baked Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops.
This is a very simple one-dish dinner or you could pair it with a green too like a spinach salad or broccoli.
I adapted this recipe form my Baked Apple Chicken, I really enjoyed the sweetness the pork chops had. My kids ate them up as well which is always a bonus when they eat without complaint!
Are you ready for a delicious dinner? This is the perfect way to do it!
- 4 6 oz Pork Chops
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Red Apples, Cored, Sliced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, place the butter in the skillet and warm up to medium-high heat.
- Sear the pork chops on both sides for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the pork chops in a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in the apples and onion around the chops, then top with the thyme.
- Combine the broth, vinegar, and oil. Drizzle over the pork chops.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the top of the pork chops - add more if necessary.
- Add salt/pepper to your preference.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 44g