Have I mentioned before how much I love Baked Doughnuts? I also love that this Baked Vanilla Doughnut recipe is so easily adaptable into any flavor you may want!
I have several ideas for new flavors for fall baked doughnuts, but the first thing I wanted to do was try these doughnuts with Better Batter Gluten Free All Purpose Flour! I have been craving them like crazy but was not sure if they would turn out the same. Luckily, they did! So, now I have a new reason to come up with several different flavors of baked doughnuts!
For those not gluten free simply use your regular flour and enjoy the deliciousness!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I am a contributor for Better Batter; however, this is not a sponsored post. I simply use their flour frequently in my recipes.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Home Style Rolls Do not use flaky
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/4 Cup of Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray. Then, place the biscuits on the cookie sheet, and begin cutting the holes out of each biscuit. In order to cut the holes, I used the lid of a bottled water as my cutter. It worked out perfectly.
- Drizzle a small amount of melted butter over each doughnut. Then, place in the oven for 10 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Combine the powdered sugar, water, and applesauce in a small bowl. This will be the sauce to drizzle over the doughnuts. In another bowl, pour the cinnamon sugar in it.
- Once the donuts are out of the oven, drizzle the sauce over each doughnut. Then, dip each doughnut in the cinnamon sugar to coat and let cool.
- I thought this tasted surprisingly well to be baked doughnuts. They will not taste like a typical doughnut, so do not plan on them to.