Around the time that I first started this blog, I was bound and determined to make homemade doughnuts. I gave up though on making fried doughnuts when I realized how much oil was involved. That led me to these easy homemade doughnuts that use canned biscuits. I had not made these since that time almost 2 years ago; however, this weekend I noticed biscuits were on sale and we needed to make these again!
These are so easy, plus a great recipe to make with the kids. My husband likes to reuse the center of the doughnut to make doughnut holes.
Enjoy this sweet morning treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Home Style Rolls Do not use flaky
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/4 Cup of Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray. Then, place the biscuits on the cookie sheet, and begin cutting the holes out of each biscuit. In order to cut the holes, I used the lid of a bottled water as my cutter. It worked out perfectly.
- Drizzle a small amount of melted butter over each doughnut. Then, place in the oven for 10 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Combine the powdered sugar, water, and applesauce in a small bowl. This will be the sauce to drizzle over the doughnuts. In another bowl, pour the cinnamon sugar in it.
- Once the donuts are out of the oven, drizzle the sauce over each doughnut. Then, dip each doughnut in the cinnamon sugar to coat and let cool.
- I thought this tasted surprisingly well to be baked doughnuts. They will not taste like a typical doughnut, so do not plan on them to.