As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
In preparation for this recipe, I had fully intended on making ‘real’ doughnuts, that is until I saw how much oil was required!
I immediately had mental pictures of my mom, who teaches diet classes, passing out when she saw that oil. I could not bring myself to do it! So, I ended up baking them, surprisingly, they were gone by the next morning!
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Home Style Rolls, Do not use flaky
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/4 Cup of Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray. Then, place the biscuits on the cookie sheet, and begin cutting the holes out of each biscuit. In order to cut the holes, I used the lid of a bottled water as my cutter. It worked out perfectly.
- Drizzle a small amount of melted butter over each doughnut. Then, place in the oven for 10 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Combine the powdered sugar, water, and applesauce in a small bowl. This will be the sauce to drizzle over the doughnuts. In another bowl, pour the cinnamon sugar in it.
- Once the donuts are out of the oven, drizzle the sauce over each doughnut. Then, dip each doughnut in the cinnamon sugar to coat and let cool.
- I thought this tasted surprisingly well to be baked doughnuts. They will not taste like a typical doughnut, so do not plan on them to.