No Bake Spider Pudding Pie
This No Bake Spider Pudding Pie is the perfect dessert for Halloween, so perfect I’m sharing it again. This post was originally shared in 2014.
A few weeks back I made a No Bake Chocolate Pudding Pie that turned out to be a quick favorite in our household. As I made the pie though, I started to imagine a little Halloween Twist on that delicious pie. I ended up turning that twist into a reality with this Spider Pudding Pie that uses Chocolate Milk.
This pie is not only gluten free but also no bake! That is a win-win in our household, not to mention it is so easy to make. I am not a decorator by any means when it comes to desserts, but this pie takes very little decorating skills to impress your friends and family.
My kids were standing behind me with their hands in the air trying to reach this pie on the counter, it was a challenge just keeping them away from it long enough to get the pictures of it. It did not last long in our household, and I am anxious to make another one too for Halloween parties.
As I made this, I decided to swap out regular milk to mix with the pudding and use Chocolate Milk instead. It added to the chocolate flavor of this dessert but if needed you can use regular milk too.
In the previous recipe I used Cool Whip; however, I did notice there is another version at our local health foods store that is an organic version, so by all means if you prefer that go for it! It will setup and work just the same.
I also used gluten-free chocolate cream filled cookies as well then a little bit of buttercream icing for the decoration. This can also be made using store bought instant pudding or homemade pudding. I simply switched out the milk portion of the pudding for chocolate milk. Lastly, I used a gluten-free chocolate pie shell; however, you can also use a gluten-filled pie shell depending on your needs.
Are you ready for this fun treat? Even get the kids involved, they will love helping create the spiders!
No Bake Spider Pudding Pie
- 1 3.9 oz Package of Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup Crushed Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies or Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies
- 2 Cups Chocolate Milk
- 1 Chocolate Cookie Pie Shell or Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Pie Shell
- 2 Cups Whipped Topping (Cool Whip or Organic Whipped Topping)
- 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Black Buttercream Icing for Web
- Orange Buttercream Icing for Spider Legs
- No 3 Wilton Round Tip for Decorating or Small Round Decorators Tip
- 5-6 Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies or Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Filled Cookies
- Candy Eyes for Spider Eyes
- In a mixer, combine the pudding from the pudding package, 1 cup of cookies and milk, whisk well until the pudding is formed.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie shell and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden and chill.
- While the pie is in fridge, whisk the cool whip, cream cheese, and sugar until whipped well.
- Remove the pie from the fridge and top with the cool whip mixture evenly over the pudding.
- Using a round decorators tip on the black buttercream icing, using either a prepared tube of icing or a decorators bag, draw out the web on the top of the pie. The easiest way to do this is to create lines as if you were cutting a pie, then connect them with a curved line.
- Once the web is complete, place the cookies where you would like them on the pie, then use a clean round tip with the orange icing to create the 8 legs on the spider.
- Place the eyes on each spider, securing them with icing.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours, then serve.
Enjoy this delicious Spider Pudding Pie!
11 Responses to “No Bake Spider Pudding Pie”
Pingback: Halloween Lovers Treats | TidyMom