I’ve been on a hot dog roll lately after the Fruit Salsa Hot Dogs, they just seem to be our go to meal!
I love that I can quickly grill some up and then get creative with the toppings!
This particular day I had just made a batch of Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa, so then I thought…I wonder what this would taste like topped on a hot dog. Then, I opened up my fridge to find some avocado, tortillas, and extra cilantro?! Viola! Dinner in minutes!
I used flour tortillas for my husband and son, then I stuck with a corn tortilla…just as tasty! I actually have to forgo the avocado due to allergies most of the time, so my husband got to enjoy it and my son. They both love avocado so it’s perfect for them.
Of course, we topped the dog with a mix of cheeses, Mexican Style Shredded Cheese gives it a good boost of flavor.
Then, you are all set to roll this up and enjoy!
Are you ready for dinner yet? This is a very frugal, easy way to do dinner on a dime! Not to mention…it’s kid friendly! Or at least some kids I guess…unless you have my kid. He’ll find something ‘yucky’ about every dinner.
Now…let me stop now.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Avocado & Salsa Hot Dogs
- 1 Package Hot Dogs
- 2-4 Avocados
- Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Cilantro optional
- Restaurant Style Salsa:
- 1 28 oz Can of Peeled Whole Tomatoes with Juice
- 1 4 oz Can of Green Chilies Chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime
- Optional: Red or Green Jalapeno Peppers
To Make Salsa:
- In a food processor combine the tomatoes, chilies, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, and cilantro. Then, cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice out over the ingredients. At this point also add in your pepper as well if you are using pepper.
- Pulse this in your food processor until well pureed.
- This typically makes 4-6 cups of salsa for us and fills a large wide mouth canning jar.
To Make Hot Dogs:
- Simply grill or cook the hot dogs according to your preference. Then, place them on a tortilla, top them with sliced avocado, salsa, cilantro, and cheese.
- Wrap them up and serve.
- They can be secured in place with toothpicks.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!