Photo Source: Avocados from Mexico
I was recently ask by Avocados From Mexico to share a few Halloween recipes ideas that involve avocados and possibly one of my own. I opted out of sharing one of my own, because I am allergic to avocados; however, I thought I would highlight a few of the recipes that feature avocados from their site.
Why? First, they are really adorable ways to dress up the Halloween party. Secondly, I know many of my reader’s like avocado and most likely you will not find it on my site, because I can’t eat it!
They feature several Halloween recipes on their site, but today I wanted to share with you the Pumpkin Spookamole. I am sure it would be a favorite of mine if I could eat avocado, anything served in a pumpkin becomes my favorite quickly!
I hope you enjoy these recipes, eat an extra bite for me!
Disclosure: I was ask to share these recipes with my reader’s. This was not a paid post, I simply thought they were really cute and needed to be shared.
- 2 avocados from Mexico halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup minced onion divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped plum tomato
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a medium bowl, place 2 tablespoons of the chopped onion, the chiles, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro and the salt. With the back of a wooden spoon, mash until the mixture becomes a juicy paste. Add avocados; with a fork, coarsely mash avocados; stir to combine with the paste. Fold in the tomatoes, lime juice and remaining onion and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.