As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
There was a time when I was not an asparagus eater, that was until I found better ways to cook it! My favorite…roasted.
This can easily be prepared either on the grill along side your steak or on the stove top. It’s simple and the tomato sauce glaze gives it a burst of flavor. This would also be perfect using home grown tomatoes from the garden this summer. I always find those are much more succulent and obviously fresh than store bought tomatoes.
The first step is simply, boiling the asparagus. At this point, you could also do this in the skillet and skip this step. The roasting part is more with the tomatoes than the asparagus
While the asparagus is steaming, you can be simmering the tomatoes that way you are ready to go once these are done. I opted out of garnishing with feta cheese; however, if you want to do that go for it!
You will end with this beautifully served and colorful side item to your dinner! Not to mention this one is very healthy! I could eat those tomatoes like candy in the summer months. Yum!
Disclosure: I am a partner with Cooking Light; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Lb Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Crumbled Feta or Goat Cheese, Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Begin by cooking asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Once tender, drain and set aside.
- Then, Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the tomatoes and the garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the Balsamic Vinaigrette and salt. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.