Do you ever wake up thinking that something in particular sounds so good that you just may have to make it? Well, it happens to me ALL the time!
There was a time before this website that I was happy to open a box and pop a store bought item in the toaster or microwave and quickly make breakfast. Now…don’t get me wrong on occasion that still happens, but since learning how easy it is to make just about anything I want from scratch that’s my method of choice!
This particular morning I had some apples I needed to use up before they went bad, so I decided to add those to these delicious oatmeal muffins.
A friend of mine, Tara from Organized SAHM, told me this great way to ‘bake’ apples quickly. Simply put them in a plastic dish (peeled and cored) along with cinnamon and just about a tbsp of water in the microwave for 5 minutes with a plate over them. Then, let them cool for 2 minutes…guess what? It worked! I was all over it after that!
Now, it’s time for some apple goodness for breakfast…or all day!
Oh and to note, I did use gluten free all purpose flour to make these; however, they will work with either gluten free or gluten filled. Eat up!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats or Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Sugar Free Vanilla Creamer
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Baked and Sliced Apples see shortcut in post, use about 2 apples to make 1 cup
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a large mixer.
- Then, beat in the egg in and stir in creamer, applesauce, and vanilla. Once this is well mixed add in the apples and cinnamon.
- Spray a regular muffin pan with non stick baking spray. These pans can also be lined with paper baking cups if wanted. They will make 12 regular size muffins.
- Bake these at 400* for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool and top with additional cinnamon if desired.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Oh these sound great. I will be making them. Maybe today?
I just saw this! I must make these!