Apple Crumb Cobbler & Marie Callender’s Pot Pies pairs two great items for a full meal.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasyAsPotPie #CollectiveBias
As the winter months begin, one thing my family enjoys the most are all those delicious comfort foods. My husband in particular loves a good, warm comfort meal paired with a dessert; however, sometimes I only have time to get one meal on the table. This past week though, I made his wishes come true by pairing my Apple Crumb Cobbler with Marie Callender’s Pot Pies.
Since I eat gluten free, pot pie has sort of been a distant memory in our home, which sadly it’s actually one of my husband’s favorite meals. As soon as he saw the Marie Callender’s Pot Pie in our freezer, his mouth was watering. I’ll admit so was mine!
As I thought about what to serve for dinner, I decided the perfect comfort meal in our home involves a delicious warm dessert with Honeycrisp apples. That meant Apple Crumb Cobbler was in our future too.
The Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie is what my family enjoys the most. It is made with a homemade gravy mixed with veggies and white meat chicken. Then the crust is made from scratch, it’s a flaky crust which is perfect for pot pie.
It was so nice to have a little extra help for this meal and have the pot pie already made. I was able to put it in the oven as soon as the kids were home from school, then out came a hot, delicious dinner.
It made for a particularly less hectic evening, which meant we were able to sit around the dinner table and just enjoy time together. That is one of my favorite times of the day but all too many times it becomes hectic and chaotic. This particular day though it was calm. Then, after my family finished up that pot pie, it was time for this tasty cobbler.
Are you ready for dinner tonight? Be sure to head on over to Marie Callender’s Meals to learn more about their pot pies and then over here for these recipes. Head on over to Walmart to pick up your pie!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Apple Crumb Cobbler
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 4 Honeycrisp Apples Sliced
- Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until sifted well.
- Add in the beaten egg and continue creaming together until it becomes a crumb mixture.
- Spray a 9 inch round pan or an oblong pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced apples evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Top the apples evenly with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crumb top slightly browns.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.