In light of it being the beginning of fall, I knew I had to make some Apple Pancakes! Not only did I want apple pancakes, but I wanted them coated with Caramel Sauce! If you are like me and needs these gluten free simply use a gluten free self rising flour and you will come out with the same great result.
I decided to use the pancake recipe my friend gave me a while back then just add a little applesauce and cinnamon to it. The result? A delicious fall treat!
My husband and I both agreed these are on the regular breakfast plan plus the breakfast for dinner nights for us this fall right along with Pumpkin Waffles!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Caramel Sauce
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour or Gluten Free Self Rising Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Caramel Syrup Either Store Bought or Homemade
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer and mix well.
- Now, spray the griddle or skillet with baking spray and warm to a medium heat.
- Let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with ground cinnamon and caramel sauce.
- These make approximately 12 pancakes.
Happy Fall! Enjoy!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.