As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
My husband and I love steak and every now and then I like to mix it up and try something new on the steak. This time we had a few Rib Eyes and I whipped up some of my homemade Alfredo sauce to smother over the steaks.
The steaks can be seasoned with some garlic cloves or garlic salt to give it additional flavor as well. I went ahead though and cooked ours in some olive oil without any additional seasoning and they tasted fabulous!
So fabulous in fact that someone else tried to swipe my steak!
She was not successful, but I did give her a bite. She was very happy after that!
- 2 Rib Eye Steaks (Or your choice of steak)
- Olive Oil
- 1 8oz Block of Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- I started by pouring in about 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil into a large skillet. I used enough to cover the bottom of the skillet then cooked the steaks on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. If you want to add some more flavoring like fresh garlic, be sure and add it now as well. I find cooking them for 7-8 minutes on each side works well. It will depend though on the cut you are using and thickness. Ours were really thick.
- Next in a separate skillet on medium heat add in all of the sauce ingredients and let this simmer and stir until the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese have fully melted. If it is too thick, continue adding small amounts of milk until it gets to your desired consistency.
- Once both the steak and the sauce are done simply pour some of the sauce over the steak and enjoy!
Happy Steak Eating!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.