I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CookitGF #CollectiveBias
Most of those that have been around my blog for a while will notice that the majority of my recipes involve gluten-free cooking. I went gluten free a few years back due to health reasons and have since felt better than ever! One of the best things about living gluten free now is the vast amount of products available. When I first went gluten free it was rare to see any specialty products in the stores that were gluten free, fast forward a few years and I can even find my gluten free bread at the grocery store! It’s so nice to be able to shop in one place!
One item that I recently tried out and has since become a quick go to product for quick dinners is the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast. The best part? They are completely gluten free. I really love the Grilled & Ready Chicken Strips, so I was anxious to try out the chicken breast.
I was able to pick up this product at Sam’s Club, plus they are doing in-store demos on March 14th and 15th, be sure to check the list to see if your store is included.
Now, when I thought about what I would use for my chicken breast, I instantly thought of pizza. I wanted this pizza though to have a bit of a twist. I’ve seen a lot of talk about making a cauliflower pizza crust, and I wanted to try it but instead of cauliflower use spaghetti squash.
It worked! I simply adapted this recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust and used Spaghetti Squash instead, a simple switch and perfection.
Now, keep in mind that it is not going to taste like a typical pizza crust it will taste like spaghetti squash, but as it sits for a few minutes once it gets out of the oven it hardens up making for a great alternative to a traditional crust.
Once, I had my crust idea it was time to build the pizza. I cut the chicken breast into chunks and added homemade Alfredo sauce and spinach topped with a bit of cheese to make this pizza.
I will admit the first time I made this, I overloaded on cheese. We love cheese but when you top it with your shredded Mozzarella remember that your Alfredo sauce also has cheese as does the crust. I would add about 1/2 a cup of cheese then a bit more if you like it extra cheesy.
Are you ready to eat up?
Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Spaghetti Squash Crust
- 1 Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
- 2 Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Heated Per Package Instructions & Cut into Chunks
- 1/2-1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Alfredo Sauce See link in post for Homemade Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust:
- 3 Lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
To make the Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust:
- 1. In a dutch oven or steamer, begin by fully steaming the spaghetti squash. Once it is steamed, scrape out the seeds with a fork. Then, use a fork to scrape out the remaining spaghetti squash.
- 2. Pat the scraped out spaghetti squash dry with a paper towel. Try to get out as much moisture as possible.
- 3. Combine the spaghetti squash with the egg, cheese, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 400*.
- 5. Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray, then shape the spaghetti squash mixture into the shape of a pizza crust.
- 6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned.
To Complete the Pizza:
- 1. Remove the crust and top with the Alfredo sauce, prepared chicken, and spinach.
- 2. Add the remaining Mozzarella Cheese, to your preference.
- 3. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- 4. Let cook for 5 minutes then cut and serve.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Comments & Reviews
Sarah B says
YUM! I love this recipe! Our family loves pizza, but my daughter is allergic to tomatoes and we are always looking for healthier pizza recipes! This is perfect! #client
Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks) says
WOW!!! So gourmet! Love fancy pizza! Looks tasty! #client