Are you looking to get better portion size with meals and snacks? I’m sharing with you 5 Tips for Better Portion Control as part of a sponsored conversation on behalf of Weight Watchers®, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve mentioned many times lately, my journey to get to a better weight and overall better health. Several months ago now, I started working out regularly again. Once I had my workout down, I needed to do a major overhaul on my eating habits. I had grown accustomed to snacking all day, going back and forth to the fridge is pretty easy when you work from home.
Little did I know those few chocolate chips I kept eating actually were adding hundreds of calories to my diet each day…yes…hundreds!
That snacking and ‘need’ for chocolate was just ruining my exercise. Thankfully, I have found a good alternative.
One of my biggest vices has been snacking, which led me to discover the Weight Watchers® Ice Cream Novelties like their bars. I love a sweet treat in the evenings after the kids go to bed and what better way to indulge than in something that’s actually under 100 calories?
Their ice cream novelties boast 3-5 SmartPoints® values per serving, which means I can enjoy one without the guilt. That one bar is less than the calories in the tablespoon of chocolate chips I was eating. Plus, I wasn’t just eat a tablespoon…yikes!
Now, I’m on my way to getting into better shape with Weight Watchers® product at Walmart along with these 5 tips I’ll be sharing with you!
5 Tips for Better Portion Control
- Use a Smaller Plate – This is such an easy one and something that I’ve grown very aware of lately. In food photography, a lot of times I’ll plate a food item with significantly more than what you would likely eat because I want you to be able to see the food well. Once I’m done taking pictures of that food item though, then my family is normally eating it. That means I need to switch plates, otherwise I have twice as much food as I really need on my plate. A smaller plate looks more filling. I’ve actually started to use kids plates more often now when I eat so I don’t feel the need to fill it up!
- Utilize Weight Watchers® Snacks – I mentioned that I love snacks. By utilizing Weight Watchers® snacks I am able to eat just the right amount without overeating. Plus there is a wide variety from popcorn, bread, ice cream, and more. This is the perfect option to still enjoy your snack without overeating.
- More Water, Less Sugar – One thing you can do to help with portion control is add more water into your diet, there are even flavored water options now for those that may not care for water so much. By drinking more water, you won’t be nearly as hungry and with less sugar you won’t have so many hunger cravings.
- Skip the Up Sizing – When you go to a restaurant now, especially fast food, they offer the small, medium, or large combos. No matter how hungry you are, go with the small! Most of the time that will fill you up perfectly fine regardless of how hungry you may feel. I’ve found that if I’m really hungry I order a larger size, when truly I would have been satisfied with the small size. A good way to avoid this is not to let yourself get that hungry either by utilizing the portioned snacks throughout the day.
- Hide the Candy – I love candy dishes, love them. I love to have them out around my home because they just seem fun and inviting, but guess what? I’m the one home 95% of the time and guests are rarely here so who is the one eating all the candy? ME! Keep candy out of the house, replace it with fruit in a bowl if you want a candy bowl like I do or mints.
These are a few tips that I have, do you have tips or suggestions that have helped you? I would love to hear them!
Now, be sure to use the Ibotta offer up to $4 off at Walmart to pick up your Weight Watchers® snacks!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Weight Watchers®. The opinions and texts are all mine.