Spring is in the air, which means we are all breaking out from our homes and getting out to enjoy the fresh air. That also means it’s time to do a spring health check. Be sure to keep these 5 Spring Tips for Healthy Living in mind as you enjoy this upcoming season.
This post is sponsored by Metamucil, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Last month, I shared that I had planned to take the Two-Week Challenge with Metamucil. Honestly, it’s a great way to reset before heading into the new season especially after the holidays and winter. I always feel like I’m not nearly as motivated in the winter to just get out and get exercise. Do you have that challenge?
I still go to the gym, but I really enjoy going for walks in the evenings with the family. That means during the spring, summer, and fall, we can typically go in the evening on a walk plus I work out at the gym in the morning. Combining these two activities really seem to help my overall health in a variety of ways. Of course, the first thing I can quickly see is simply by maintaining self-care, I’m happier overall. It really allows me to break away from cooking and working in front of a screen, just to breathe in some fresh air.
Just in the past few weeks, our daughter has really taken to riding her bike. She’s 5 but has been absolutely terrified of her bike. Suddenly after watching her friend ride her bike, she’s decided that she isn’t scared now. She literally rode all over the neighborhood while I walked beside her. It just lifted my spirits in so many ways, fresh air can certainly change the entire outlook of your day.
Now along with adding physical activity, adding a glass of water with Metamucil each day is a great way to jumpstart any diet (make sure it’s at least 8oz!). By adding this to my day, am adding psyllium super fiber into my diet. It has so many benefits, which includes removing the waste that weighs you down and allowing you to feel lighter* starting in just two weeks.
I have always heard about tummy bloat, have you? A great way to relieve that is simply by getting the right amount of fiber into your diet. It’s super easy with Metamucil. I can also say, you really can’t taste it either. I remember as a kid my mom would drink it and I would often think, how does she drink that?
Well, the trick? She couldn’t taste it! It just dissolves right into your water. I like to mix it into a bottle of water too.
5 Spring Tips for Healthy Living
- Stay Active – The key for healthy living is to first start getting active. This can be tailored to your lifestyle, maybe it’s a quick walk each day or maybe it’s an hour or more at the gym. Regardless, stay active.
- Proper Nutrients – Be sure to get the nutrients you need in your diet, this includes adding Metamucil to your routine to regularly receive your fiber intake too.
- Stay Hydrated – Be sure to stay hydrated, drinking lots of water and fluids. This will ensure that your body can sustain a good energy level.
- Quality Food Choices – This doesn’t mean you have to go on a diet, but be mindful of what you eat. Be sure to load up on fruit and veggies, and layoff the salt intake.
- Health Check at the Doctor – The spring is a great time to get a health check at your local doctor. Make sure that everything is functioning as it should and see what the doctor suggest on enhancing your quality of life.
These are the healthy living tips that I keep in mind year round and especially as we head into the spring season.
What would you add to the list?
Now, enjoy a nice walk and a glass of water with Metamucil!
†Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One serving of Metamucil Powder has at least 2.4 grams of this soluble fiber. Consult a doctor if you are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Disclaimer: This post contains links to products that I recommend. Many of those links may be affiliate links. In using those links, it does support the ongoing post and recipes shared on this website.