As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for the week with these 5 Simple Tips for Food Prep!
This post has been sponsored by Brita® and Glad®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This past year has really been a year of learning for me when it comes to the way I eat. I tend to be a grazer that loves to snack throughout the day. Are you like that?
It also doesn’t help that I am at home all day with the snacks readily available either. I’ve discovered, though, with a little bit of food prep, I can easily make some better choices. That leads me to sharing these 5 Tips for Food Prep.
We just passed 4 years of living in the country, when we moved it was a bit of a shift for us. We are only about 30 minutes from town and 15 minutes from a grocery store, but we used to be 1 minute away from almost everything.
That really changed the way we thought when it came to picking things up at the store last minute. The good thing though, we have a Dollar General 10 minutes away. It’s the closest store to us and as I quickly found out, they literally have everything you could need.
I even bought my curtains at Dollar General and get compliments on them every single time that we have guests over. Crazy, right? They have so many great products.
Recently, I stopped in and picked up the Brita® Filter Pitcher to help filter our water. We have rural water, and it really HAS to be filtered. So, that was a must.
I also grabbed some Glad® Plastic Bags to stock up on for food prep. That’s a must!
Our Dollar General even has a wide variety of food items too, they are constantly adding more to it and each time I go I feel like I can get more and more of my weekly grocery products there.
Now, once I got the products I needed, I headed home to get started on some food prep. I am going to share 5 Simple Tips for Food Prep that will help you throughout the week.
Let’s get to those 5 Simple Tips for Food Prep!
- Always use quality storage and bags like Glad® – This is one of the most important tips, you want your food to stay fresh for as long as possible. When cutting up fruit or storing vegetables, it’s very important to seal them up so that they don’t go bad in the fridge.
- Don’t Wait to Prep – The next thing, don’t wait to get your food prepped, as soon as you get it home, make portion sized bags of different foods you may be snaking on. One of my favorites is to pick up some cheese, nuts, and dried fruits from Dollar General. I make little bags of it for a protein snack throughout the day. If you wait you’ll likely grab the entire bag or box of something and you eat way more than you would if you prepped it first in a portion size.
- Don’t Just Prep Food, Do Water Too – I like to add some lemons to the Brita® Filter Pitcher, then I pour out the water into a glass or water bottle and have it ready to go to drink throughout the day. I love to use the water bottles with measurements, too, so that you can know exactly how much you drank throughout the day.
- Prep for the Week – When you get home with your products that you want to make snacks with, prep it for the week. That way you don’t have to prep daily- just one time. That also means you already have your snacks ready to choose from if you are feeling hungry. It’s easier to grab that bag of carrots when it’s ready for you.
- Be Consistent – The biggest factor is staying consistent. If you stop, start again right away. Once you stop, you’ll start making excuses to not food prep and fall back into the bad habits all over again.
What tips would you love to share?
Pin it for later –