5 Simple Home Decor Tips with Glade® to make simple updates!
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Feelinvigorated #FeelGlade #CollectiveBias
I grew up around my mom always decorating our home, she has a knack for it and has passed down that love to me. I absolutely LOVE to decorate and create displays. So much so, that I was a visual merchandiser at a retail store right after college. Creating displays and intimate spaces around our home is something that brings me so much joy .
I always feel like after I create an area that I love it just seems so relaxing to me, it makes it peaceful to me. I feel like my home is an extension of myself, so keeping it decorated to my taste is a big deal to me.
Over the years, I have found little ways to bring a new element to the home especially if you are on a budget. Many times I need a change but I do not want to go and spend a lot of money on it. Typically, I will purchase a main item, such as a candle or decor piece then I will redecorate around that item with things I already have. Sometimes just a quick switch out of the mantle is all you need to bring your home into a new season or update the decor.
This past week, I was able to pick up the new Glade® Blue Odyssey™ Large Candle, which I purchased at Walmart. I instantly knew this item would fit well on my side table. My mom actually picked up the side table out of the trash, with permission from the owner, and then she redid it. It is exactly what I needed for my dining room. Now, it was time to decorate the top with decor items.
So, as I was updating my space, I thought why not share these home décor tips with you all! Here are the five simple ways I added some life into my dining room and now you can too!
- Bring the outdoors in with fresh flowers.
- Add a small decor piece to give that pop of color and dimension such as a candle or vase. I used the Glade® Blue Odyssey™ Large Candle. It not only brought some life in but helped bring uplifting feelings into the space. Bonus, it burns for burns up to 60 hours, so you can have a fresh, bold scent that lasts longer when your guests come by!
- An inexpensive way to update an area is with framed printables, these can be motivational phrases or seasonal.
- Use what you have on hand, simply mixing it up or changing out different decor pieces. Many times dishes and antiques make for great decor items.
- Add different textures with burlap or other types of fabric to give new color and feel to spaces. Burlap is a great fabric to weave around decor pieces.
Are you ready for a little updating of your home decor today? I know I plan to do a little more updating soon, next up is my mantle! In the meantime, there is a great offer going on now too, where you can purchase 2 Glade® large candles (9.2 oz. size) at Walmart and receive a $5 virtual gift card!