5 Holiday Party Planning Tips & Restaurant-Inspired Foods for the perfect party!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TaiPeiGoodFortune #CollectiveBias
Are you all recovering today from your big party yesterday? Or maybe you are still celebrating today as well. How about celebrating with some Authentic foods!
Of course, many of you are probably trying to recover from all the Black Friday Shopping! I’ll admit, I’m not a Black Friday shopper, I do about 99% of all my shopping online. I rarely ever actually go in a store outside of grocery shopping.
I like to have items right delivered to my doorstep, life is just so much easier that way.
Now though, as we inch closer on to Christmas it’s time to think holiday parties. I know we are already planning a slew of parties along with my daughter’s birthday party too.
This past week I put together a little party to show how simple party planning can be. For this party I used Tai Pei Egg Rolls & Spring Rolls, both of which are in the frozen foods section. I paired them along side cheese and crackers plus veggies. Then, if you are like us you probably will have baked items like cookies on hand most of the month so you can simply set those out too.
This makes for a quick and easy party for a little get together. I think this would be the perfect setup for a gift wrapping party too. Have you noticed that wrapping gifts with friends is much more fun than doing it alone? I’ll admit that I hate gift wrapping. Absolutely hate it…. having friends to join me in on it though makes it so much better!
The Tai Pei Egg Rolls & Spring Rolls were one of my husband’s favorite treats because they are a fun takeout-style experience and only take minutes to make. The wonderful hearty chicken is wrapped inside a crispy wrapper, one bite and you’ll need a few more! The sauce also pairs well with them giving the right balance of sweetness.
I decided to place the mini spring rolls over a bed of lettuce then drizzle the sauce over the top. This way guests can even wrap them up in the lettuce to have as a little lettuce wrap.
Now, I thought I’d share a few party tips that I’ve learned along the way. Be sure to share some of yours in the comments too!
5 Holiday Party Planning Tips
- Start by deciding on a theme and run with it!
- Make a detailed party plan that includes the menu and setup of the table. Sometimes it’s good to sketch it out too.
- Be sure that you have food that accommodates those with food allergies too so they have something they can eat as well or that you avoid certain foods that could be deadly to those with food allergies.
- Plan an array of foods that include sweet, salty, and savory. Of course, remember a few fruits and veggies too for those that like healthy options.
- Relax and Enjoy Yourself! Don’t forget to just enjoy the time you have with family and friends. They are going to enjoy your party regardless of the minor details you may have wished you did differently.
These are very simple tips, but I use each of these when planning parties!
Now, head on over to Walmart to pick up your egg rolls!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.