As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Does your dog get out on a daily basis? Just mine? Well, I’m going to help you with that using these 5 Dog Training Tips!
This post is sponsored by Big Heart Pet, Inc. All opinions are my own.
Last summer, we made the decision to bring home a puppy name Callie. She’s been quite a handful, but we love her! She is so full of energy and spunk, honestly it reminds me of our older dog, May.
We brought May home when she was a puppy too, now she’s nearly 12 years old and she mostly lays around these days. Although she wasn’t too sure about Callie, she has been moving around more now since bringing a puppy home.
I think having Callie has really helped her get a little bit of energy back into her life again. Callie is full of all things ENERGY! It only took a week and she was eating the drywall in the garage. Thankfully, we seem to be past that stage now.
She is such a great guard dog too, we have had our fair share of copperheads here in the country and she has alerted us of them too. I was surprised by it and thankful too.
One thing that we are really working on now is training her. We took our dog, May, to training classes as a puppy; however, that was before the internet and YouTube. Thankfully, you can learn a lot on the internet these days including training tips!
The one thing that we were taught in training class is to use a good, small treat to help train your dog. Pup-Peroni® just introduced a new product, Pup-Peroni Jerky Bites available at Walmart. They are right by the other dog treats too, easy to find.
They are a great small size that can easily be torn into even smaller pieces. These are perfect for training and our dogs loved them.
These are made with real pork or beef and no grain, by-products, or fillers. There are also no artificial flavors, which means you get a great product that will help you train your dog too!
Grab the Ibotta Deal for Pup-Peroni Jerky Bites
- Be sure to grab the Ibotta deal now and save $1.50 on these Pup-Peroni Jerky Bites at Walmart!
I can tell you that Callie LOVED these, she was ready for more. They are mouthwatering for dogs and easy to chew as well. Since they can be torn into smaller pieces, they are great for dogs of any size.
Callie has a few commands down now such as sit, leave-it, take-it, stay, and come. We are currently trying to get her to lie down. I think sometimes she’s just too excited to do it.
I would also love to see her shake hands soon. Our older dog, May, is a pro at giving you her paw to shake hands.
5 Dog Training Tips
- Use a small treat such as, Pup-Peroni Jerky Bites, to be able to reward the dog with. They are great for teaching commands and having them follow your hand movements.
- Be consistent, continue to repeat commands and give praise when he or she does them.
- Always be consistent with exercise, in order to avoid unwanted behaviors, exercise and playtime with your pups is necessary.
- Remember to turn your back when a dog jumps up on you, especially with puppies. This will help reinforce that it is not a preferred or accepted behavior.
- Be flexible, remember many times learning commands does not happen overnight, it will take some time and flexibility as you discover the best way to work with your dog.
Do you have any tips and tricks you would add? I would love to hear them as we embark on our dog-training journey as well.
I hope these 5 Dog Training Tips help you to get started, remember to praise your pup and reward too!
Be sure to grab this $1.50 off Ibotta deal before heading out to Walmart!