Just in time for Thanksgiving serve up this 15 Minute Gluten-Free Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese!
This past week I was racking my brain trying to decide which dishes I wanted to take for Thanksgiving Dinner. I typically end up bringing several because I eat gluten-free, and I really want to be able to enjoy a good Thanksgiving Dinner too.
The majority of meals I can easily make gluten-free, so I like to volunteer for several things that I know I can do gluten-free versions well. I try to stick with the meals that I know no one would notice that they are gluten-free.
At first, I had no plans of bringing Macaroni & Cheese for a side dish, until I tasted this. It was delicious, creamy and wonderful. Did I mention it also took just 15 minutes to make?
I also adapted it to make it gluten-free too, trust me when I say it was heaven in my mouth. It’s been a very long time since I’ve had a creamy, delicious Macaroni & Cheese.
I immediately text my sister, who is hosting our dinner, and let her know that I’ll be bringing this dish too. My sister used to make me Macaroni & Cheese growing up for lunch almost daily it seems like, although hers had nothing on this one. I’d say hers probably came out of a box.
This is REAL Macaroni & Cheese with real ingredients. It can also be adapted to use the cheese you have readily available if needed. I’ve made a variety of variations of this over the years and it’s always fabulous even simply with using cheddar cheese.
Now as you plan out your Thanksgiving meal, be sure to enjoy a delicious serving of this Macaroni & Cheese. I’m certain your guests will love it! It’s the perfect warm, creamy side dish.
15 Minute Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream Warmed
- 1 Cup Shredded Smoked Gouda
- 1 /2 Cup Shredded Gruyere
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Asiago
- 1 Cup Shredded Yellow Extra-Sharp Cheddar
- 2 Cups Shredded White Sharp Cheddar
- 1 Lb Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta Cooked
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp White Pepper
- Crumbled Bacon
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in the flour and mustard, then stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the cream and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes until thick.
- Stir in the cheeses and stir occasionally until they are fully melted.
- Add in the cooked pasta.
- Mix the pasta and the cheese, then add in the sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and serve topped with the bacon.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking