Make dinner time easy with these 10 Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken!
It was a few years ago now that I did the Re-Purposing series, this series included meatballs, chili, pork, and bbq chicken. I had anticipated at the time doing more of these post; however, life got in the way. I believe I was due with my daughter at the time and it sort of hit the back burner. I was ask recently if I had considered doing any more of these types of post. I thought this was a great time to start these up again. I’m going to do a different post hopefully weekly but at least a few times a month on ways to use up meats.
I thought for the first one, I would start with ways to use Rotisserie Chicken. I happen to do this a lot. I absolutely HATE cooking chicken, it’s one of my least favorite to cook, but it happens to be one of my favorite to eat. Many nights if I am in a hurry, I will pick up a Rotisserie Chicken at the store and use that for the chicken portion of the meal. I’m sharing with you a few recipes that work well using up Rotisserie Chicken.
The Rotisserie Chicken can also be taken off the bone and frozen in the freezer to use later as well. That makes freezer cooking a breeze.
Now, be sure to let me know what some of your favorite uses are for Rotisserie Chicken? If there is a particular protein you would like to see more recipes for and ways to use it, leave your idea in the comments and I’ll add it to the list!
10 Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup – Instead of using beef add in a few cups of the Rotisserie Chicken, I actually happen to like it better with the chicken than with beef. It’s delicious!
- Mango, Chicken, & Egg Topped Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings – If you add the Rotisserie Chicken to this dish, you will also significantly reduce the cook time as well.
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Penne Alfredo
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
- Grilled Rustic Chicken Pizza
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Each of these recipes can easily be adapted using the Rotisserie Chicken. One of my favorite cooking shortcuts will always be using Rotisserie Chicken.
What are some of your favorite recipes with Rotisserie Chicken?