Are you planning a bit celebration for the 4th of July? If so, first check out these 10 Must Haves for 4th of July Cookouts!
This is a sponsored post; all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you do something fun for the 4th of July? We always do! These past few years, we have spent the 4th of July at the lake. Typically, we would go camping for several days around the 4th of July. This year, I think we may go the weekend before. They do a big fireworks show on the lake and I have to say there is just something about sitting in the middle of the water and watching those fireworks. It’s magical!
Now, of course we have a cookout every year too, that’s only necessary, right? Over the years, we have learned a few tips and tricks to help up with the best July Fourth Cookout. I thought I’d share the 10 Must Haves for 4th of July Cookouts today with you to help you get started.
Where Should You Stock Up?
I have learned over the years, when hosting a cookout it’s best to head to Sam’s Club and stock up. I typically go there at the beginning of the summer and stock up on a variety of products like paper goods that will last us all summer long. We host so many gatherings over the summer, many aren’t planned, and that way I know I will always have paper goods on hand when company arrives.
Sam’s Club is a great place to not only stock up but save too! We are able to stock up on some delicious fresh produce like watermelon and strawberries at a fraction of the cost. The best part of course is that I get enough to feed a crowd.
My daughter and I headed out to Sam’s Club and picked up a wide variety of products for our 4th of July Cookout Preparation, we left with the entire dinner covered. The best part is they even have some fireworks too that you can pick up as well, the entire cookout will be ready to go plus the entertainment too.
10 Must Haves for 4th of July Cookouts
There are a few must haves that you should always have for your 4th of July Cookouts. Let’s get you started on that planning now!
- Paper Goods – It’s typically much easier if you stock up on paper goods, it makes clean up a breeze. I even found some fun colored paper good products with Member’s Mark at Sam’s Club. They all coordinated too.
- Meat – It’s vital to have lots of meat for your cookout. At Sam’s Club, I am able to stock up on hamburgers and some steaks for the adults too! We love serving up Balsamic Grilled Steaks for the 4th of July.
- Fruit – Pick up a delicious watermelon at Sam’s Club. We were able to grab a HUGE one for just over $6. Once you have the watermelon, grab some grapes and strawberries too. The best way to serve this is by cutting the watermelon in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside with an ice cream scoop, and then serve it inside the watermelon using it as a bowl along with the fruit and strawberries. It makes for a gorgeous fruit salad all served inside the watermelon.
- Drinks – Stock up on all the drinks you could possibly need so that no one is left thirsty. It’s a good idea to invest the most in water because at some point everyone will be thirsty in the summer heat.
- Dessert – For dessert for the 4th of July, we ALWAYS have Root Beer Floats! There is something about the 4th of July and a Root Beer Float that just goes together. They are refreshing and wonderful in the summer heat. Perfect to sip on while watching the fireworks. We were able to grab a huge carton of Member’s Mark Super Premium Ice Cream to use for the floats, which is a great size for a party.
- Seating Area – Once you have the food covered, where is everyone going to sit? Make sure you have a plan of attack so to speak on seating. A great thing is that Sam’s Club also has plenty of outdoor seating that you can stock up on too. They have some great lounging chairs and outdoor sets, perfect for parties.
- Lighting – Lighting is needed to set the tone of the event, especially outdoors. There are plenty of options from solar lights to electric; you can string the perfect lights around your back patio.
- Bug Spray – Don’t forget the bug spray, for most of the country, it’s necessary if you plan to go outside without being someone else dinner. Be sure to stock up on this too, getting enough to last for the summer is a great option.
- Detergents – We also like to stock up on detergents like dish detergent when hosting a party because you’ll certainly have your fair share of dirty dishes. There are great deals on these at Sam’s Club as well.
- Fireworks – Now, last but not least it’s the 4th of July so be sure to grab some fireworks. Some safe fireworks are typically best if you have little ones like Pop-It’s. Sam’s Club has plenty of those for the 4th of July. Of course, the other option is to watch a firework show in your area. Those are always a ton of fun.
It’s easy to see that you can easily go to Sam’s Club and get everything you need for your 4th of July party! I know we are all ready for ours. The great thing with stocking up as I said above is that now I’m ready for just about any party this summer because I have a lot of my meats and things frozen in the freezer, easy to prepare as soon as friends and family come on over.
What are some of your must haves for 4th of July Cookouts? I’d love to hear what you would also add to the list!
Happy 4th of July!
Leave A Reply!