Valentine’s Day Poke Cake
A few months back, I made a delicious Boomer Sooner Strawberry Cake that my husband has been begging me to make again. When, I was shopping at the store and saw the Valentine Jell-O Jigglers, I knew that I would be remaking that delicious cake with a Valentine spin!
This is one of my absolute favorite cakes to make, it’s so simple and so yummy! I also think the jigglers are so fun. They come out perfectly in the Valentine inspired shapes and they make a simple cake look perfect for the day of love.
I only made one set of the jigglers with the mold that was in the Valentine kit and it was just enough for the cake. The kit actually comes with two boxes of Strawberry Jell-O and that’s all you need for the entire cake. It will take one package for the molds and then another to top the cake with, so you only need a few more ingredients.
I also decided to use some of my Valentine sprinkles on the cake too just to give it another element of color. My daughter was ready to dig into it as I was taking pictures.
Of course, then she opted to pick up my back up camera and join me taking pictures. I love that she learns what I do during the day, it’s so adorable to watch her taking pictures with me. I’m anxious for her to be able to cook alongside me too, I know that will be coming soon!
Are you ready for a slice of cake? It’s time!
Valentine's Day Poke Cake
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix & ingredients to make the cake with the box mix
- 2 Packages of Strawberry Jell-O (this should be in the kit)
- 1 Valentine Inspired Jell-O Mold Kit (includes the Jell-O in the kit)
- 1 Container of Cool Whip
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Begin by preparing the yellow cake as instructed on the package in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Once the cake is done baking, carefully remove and let it cool.
- While the cake is cooling, boil 1 cup of water on the stove, then add in the 1 package of Jell-O.
- Stir quickly and add in 1 cup of cold water, continue stirring until dissolved.
- Poke the cake with a fork evenly over the cake in various places.
- Pour the mixed Jell-O evenly over the cake, it will soak into the cake.
- Place the cake in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- While the cake is in the fridge, prepare the mold as instructed on the package. This should only take 1 package of Jell-O that is included in the Valentine kit.
- Place the mold in the fridge to chill and gel.
- Once the molds are done, remove the cake and molds from the fridge.
- Spread the Cool Whip evenly over the cake, then top with the molded jigglers and sprinkles.
Note: This cake does take longer to make as you will need to let both the cake and molds chill in the fridge to form. The jigglers can be released by using a knife and sliding it around the edges.
Happy ‘Almost’ Valentine’s Day!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, just a fun little way to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.