Mexican Meatloaf with RO*TEL
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
It’s no secret around our home just how much my husband LOVES Mexican Meatloaf, but it’s enhanced even more with a can of RO*TEL!
If you’ve been around the blog for a while, then you know that my mom wasn’t a huge fan of cooking. Honestly, she still isn’t, but just to clarify we did not starve! We just had a lot of the same things over and over again. Now, I’ve branched out to a whole new level of meals, my eyes were first opened to these new meals when I met my husband. He would talk about his mom’s cooking and his grandma, while I was sitting there thinking about how I had a whole lot of Mac & Cheese as a kid. One of the first meals I had when we started dating was Mexican Meatloaf. It’s by far his favorite and one he request all the time.
Of course, the benefit is that our entire family enjoys it so it’s a crowd pleaser and there are leftovers to save for later during the week too. This past week I recreated it using RO*TEL and it was delicious! We were able to have our own little fiesta at home with a tasty dish. RO*TEL banishes the bland and boring meals and brings back those bold flavors. My family enjoyed this and I’m sure yours will too. It gives our family a little break from the ordinary dinners and adds some extra flavor.
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cans of Original RO*TEL, Drained
- 1 8oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Brown Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 2 Cups of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Bag of Corn Chips, Crushed
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a skillet brown the meat until well done and drain, then add in all ingredients except for Chips and Cheese. This needs to heat until it reaches a bubbling bowl.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray, then start layering your ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 of the meat mixture on the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle with crushed Frito’s and top with cheese.
- Repeat this again for the next layer, but this time leave the cheese off.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, carefully remove and add the last layer of cheese then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
I can easily make it gluten-free too with a switch of ingredients, so it works for us even with a few food sensitivities too.
All throughout the month RO*TEL is showcasing new and delicious recipes to celebrate 31 Days of RO*TEL and just imagine, you could have a fiesta every single day! Be sure to head on over to this website to grab the latest recipes, plus enjoy this one too.
Are you ready for a bite? Head on over to Walmart and grab your RO*TEL and ingredients, then whip this up.
It’s time to eat up!