Homestyle Cheesy Penne
Have you heard about the new Homestyle Sauce from Ragu?
Not only is this sauce delicious, but my jar of it even had basil seeds attached to it. How fun is that? It was attached so that you can start your own indoor herb garden. I thought that was such a clever idea.
Now, when I first started this blog the idea was to help me learn to cook and learn to love it, both of which have happened over the past 6 years. Yes, 6 years! This blog has been around for a long time now. My husband was complaining at the time that we always had pasta, sauce, and meat for dinner but different variations of pasta. He was so right, but now we have such different meals each night, we’ve come to find that we really miss our pasta.
I can make this Homestyle Cheesy Penne and guarantee every single person in my family will eat it and they will come back asking for seconds. Now, when you have a home full of picky eaters that says a lot about a meal. I made this in a 9×13 dish that should feed 8, my husband took half of the dish. HALF! I just looked at him with this, “are you serious?” look…and then he said, “it’s so good.” Now, he came back from seconds and I said, “NO!” That may make me mean or it may make me smart. I had fully intended on using this for two nights of dinner so that I didn’t have to cook again.
Smart, isn’t it?
Homestyle Cheesy Penne
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Diced White Onions
- 1 Jar Homestyle Ragu Sauce
- 12 oz Regular Penne Pasta or Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Brown the meat in a skillet on medium-high heat, drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, spray it if needed with non-stick cooking spray, then add in the mushrooms and onion. Let these cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and beef, mix it well.
- While this is cooking, prepare the pasta as instructed on the package.
- Drain the pasta and add to the beef mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Top evenly with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese melts.
I love the thought behind the new line of Homestyle sauces because we all have certain recipes that just feel like ‘home’ to us. For me, this is one of them. My mom made this all the time for us and it reminds me of being a kid again and being at home with my parents. Now, I get to share that same recipe and tradition with my own family.