Grilled Romaine Chicken Salad
I have professed my love in the past for Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken! Now, I’ll say from the start it’s rare that I like a pre-cooked frozen meat at all, but I LOVE this chicken. I am an awesome menu planner but for lunches, it’s usually just me so I like something simple. The Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips make the perfect addition to my lunch salads or even pinwheels!
On top of that it makes a great addition to dinners too, like in this Grilled & Ready Chicken Stir Fry!
I am so excited to share this recipe because it’s not only light and easy but it’s perfect for the summer months! I was shown in a cooking class that I took a while back how to grill romaine lettuce for a salad, it’s perfect and so tasty.
I decided to take what I learned and incorporate it in with the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken.
If you are anything like me, grilling during the day with the kids especially and infant can sometimes be difficult. Well, this grilled romaine just takes less than 3 minutes to grill! So, while my son is outside playing and the baby is content in her swing or asleep I can throw some romaine on the gas grill.
The first step is cutting the romaine in half. Basically, one store bought romaine lettuce makes 2 salad servings when cut in 1/2 lengthwise. Then, I like to put mine in a bag with olive oil and garlic then shake the bag up to coat it.
Once it’s well coated you simply place on medium heat on the grill cut side down for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, then flip and do the same.
Then, it’s all about the toppings and the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken! I get my protein and a healthy grilled tasting lunch in less than 5 minutes!
Now, after that 5 minutes you will have this healthy dish just in time for your toddler to start crying for a nap and the baby to start crying because she’s hungry! Sound familiar?
Maybe later on during your day you’ll be able to sit back, prop your legs up, and enjoy it. We can always hope, right?
Now on that note, I know what I’ll be whipping up for lunch today! I just love this. Love. Love. Love! This could easily be swapped with some fajita style Tyson Grilled & Ready for a fiesta style salad too.
Grilled Romaine Chicken Salad
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Cup Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- Salad Toppings (Bacon Bits, Croutons, Egg)
- Begin by cutting the romaine lettuce in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Place it in a Ziploc bag with the olive oil, sea salt, and garlic.
- Then, shake it up to coat it well.
- Place it on the grill on medium heat cut side down for 30 seconds - 1 minute. Then, flip and leave on the grill for 1 minute.
- Place on a serving plate and then get your toppings ready.
- Heat the chicken according to the instructions on the package.
- Top the salad with the chicken, tomato, cheese, dressing and your choice of additional salad toppings.
- Cut and serve.
Now are you ready to try this? You should, now! It’s wonderful!