Easy Taco Salad
When my husband and I met, I quickly learned that his mom could cook. She could cook really well too…and well I could not.
Luckily, he didn’t hold that against me and in the first several years of our marriage he did 99% of the cooking. My other 1% consisted of various pastas and of course blue box Mac & Cheese. Now, I can hardly remember life like that because there are hardly any days where I am ‘not’ cooking. I’m always cooking.
The great thing though is that he used to make lots of his mom’s recipes one of which was this Easy Taco Salad. This is still one of our favorite meals because it’s so simple for those nights where cooking is the last thing on your mind.
The last time I really mentioned this salad was back in 2010, so I felt it needed a new post and pictures…that look edible!
Are you ready for a delicious dinner? Whip up this salad tonight!
Easy Taco Salad
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Head of Green Leafy Lettuce
- 1 15oz Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 2.25 oz Can of Sliced Black Olives or Chopped Olives
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- Catalina Dressing
- Begin by browning the ground beef in a skillet, adding in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
- Next, prepare the salad, start by cutting the lettuce.
- Place a little bit on each plate with lettuce, meat, beans, olives, and tomatoes.
- Then, top with the cheese, dressing, and fritos.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.