Deep Dish Pizza
Affiliate links are used in this post.
It’s Friday night! In our house that almost always means PIZZA NIGHT!
Did I mention my little girl just turned 3?! That’s right, THREE! I wrote this post shortly after having her, click here. I had to go back and read it again and it just makes me cry. Where did the last 3 years go? I seriously feel like I just blinked and it all went by that fast. Then, I start thinking that by the summer she will be closer to 4 than 3…that’s when it all changes. I feel like age 4 is the game changer, they morph into a young school kid instead of these little toddlers. My son grew so much at age 4 and that’s next for us. It will be here before I know it and I’ll be in tears all over again.
In the meantime though, pizza is one of her favorite meals, and this Deep Dish Pizza is so good I’ll be making it again soon!
The trick to this is to use the Cast Iron Skillet to form your dough. That way you can get it nice and thick to make this a deep dish pizza. After I had my dough in place, I baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes, carefully remove it and then covered it with our toppings. I wanted the bubbly, toasted cheese so I put it under the broiler on high for about 2-3 minutes to get it nice and crisp.
It was perfection! Outside of grilled pizza this one is a new favorite around our home, plus so simple to make!
Deep Dish Pizza
Yield: 12 Inch Pizza
- Prepared Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup of Pizza Sauce
- Pizza Toppings (Pepperoni, Olives, Sausage, Etc.)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Spray a cast iron skillet (12 inch) with non-stick cooking spray, then shape the dough into the skillet.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the dough sets.
- Carefully remove and add the sauce plus the toppings.
- Put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once it's nicely cooked, place under the broiler on high for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese is slightly toasted.
Be sure to try this crust for a tasty gluten free crust, Gluten Free Pizza Crust.
Are you ready for a pizza night? It’s time to eat up!
Find more Pizza recipes by clicking here!