Chicken & Corn Burgers
The main struggle in our home each day is veggies. I was blessed with very picky eaters, I will just call it blessed and think positive. That’s the way to do it, right? Both of my kids have a tendency to LOVE fruits and not so much on veggies.
Over the years now, I have found that for us the best way to get veggies into their foods is to make foods that they love and sneak the veggies in. I know some may say that isn’t the best way to do it, but for my family that is what works. I want dinner time to be enjoyable and not a battle of forcing my kids to eat foods they may not want. I love that by sneaking them into some of their favorites it eliminates the dinner time battlefield and makes our home much more peaceful.
This month I have teamed up with Birds Eye Foods to share with you about their recent partnership with Melissa D’Arabian. She is a celebrity chef and mom of four, so she knows first hand what it is like to serve picky eaters. She recently started The Picky Eaters Project on Food Network to help other moms like myself, get good healthy dinners on the table for their picky eaters. I absolutely love her tips especially adding new foods slowly and introducing them with familiar foods. I’m planning to try this tip with my picky eaters.
Did you know that 9 out of 10 people in the US do not get the proper servings of veggies? That’s nearly ALL of us! Birds Eye makes eating veggies a reality by showing families how to fill half the plate with veggies in fun and creative ways. They offer more than 40 vegetable blends year round that help moms defeat the dinner time battles.
One of my favorite aspects of their partnership with Melissa is that her meals are affordable and easy. They are meals that would fit into most of our lifestyles.
These burgers can be built just like a juicy beef hamburger, topping them with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and all the toppings kids love. My kids love them with a simple slice of cheese on a thin slice of bread.
Tasty and easy!
What are some of your favorite recipes for your kids and picky eaters in your life?
Chicken & Corn Burgers
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Cup Birds Eye Sweet Corn
- 6 Slices of Cheese
- Hamburger Buns or Sandwich Thins
- Toppings of your Choice (Pickles, Onions, Tomato, Ketchup, Mustard)
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken and the corn. The corn can stay frozen at this point as long as it is workable.
- In a greased medium skillet or on a cast iron grill, warm the stove up to a medium-high heat.
- Form 6 patties and place them in the skillet or on the grill. Cook these on both sides for about 10 minutes or until they are fully cooked and well done.
- When they are done, place a slice of cheese on each patty and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until it melts.
- Place the patties on one slice of the bun or sandwich thin, add any toppings you would like and the top of the bun or sandwich thin.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.