Carrot Cake Cupcakes & 12 Easter Recipes
Easter is just a month away and these Carrot Cake Cupcakes would be perfect to serve to family and friends!
One of my favorite desserts for Easter is the carrot cake of course, but this year I decided to add a little twist and make Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Cupcakes are just so much easier to serve and to get a good serving size too. That is if you can contain yourself from eating more than one.
I adapted my classic carrot cake recipe to make these cupcakes. It ended up making 24 cupcakes which is perfect for Easter dinner or even Easter parties.
Easter has become one of my favorite holidays, it is sort of ‘our holiday’ in our family to celebrate at our house. We have all our family and friends over for a big dinner and a egg hunt.
I love that egg hunts are good for all the kids, what kid doesn’t like eggs with money and candy hidden in them? Luckily, we have a great field area that is good to hide some eggs for the older kids that tend to find them a little too easily and then we have some easier spots for the younger ones.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Hot Water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1 Cup Crushed Black Walnuts
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Wilton 1M Tip
- Decorator's Bag for Icing
- Crushed Black Walnuts for Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake ingredients in order. This works well with a stand mixer, mix well until combined.
- Prepare 24 Cupcake Wrappers with non-stick baking spray, then add about a tablespoon of batter to each cupcake wrapper. They should be about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove and let them cool fully.
- While they are cooling, prepare the icing. Combine the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix this well until the icing is formed.
- Scoop the icing into a decorating bag with a 1M Wilton Tip.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle black walnuts on top.
I love to see everyone in their little Easter outfits and enjoying time together with family. The biggest part for me is planning the menu and that includes the desserts.
Last year, I made Carrot Cake and this year I plan to make these cupcakes along with several recipes that are being linked up today from other Creative Foodies! I’m sharing a list of delicious recipes for Easter.
What is on your menu? Do you have a favorite? Be sure to share it with us and check out the recipes below for even more ideas!
Easter Bunny Crispy Treats from See Vanessa Craft
Mini No-Bake Carrot Cake Cheesecakes from A Night Owl Blog
Cream Egg Cracker Toffee from Spaceships and Laserbeams
Bunny Bait from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
Homemade Peeps – recipe and video tutorial from Ashlee Marie
Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Mommy Hates Cooking
Chick Cookies from Two Twenty One
Mini Bunny Cakes from Happiness is Homemade
Strawberries & Cream Salad Shooters from Play Party Plan
Pistachio Salad Easter Peeps Dessert Cups from Mom Endeavors
Easy JELL-O Peeps Cake from Strawberry Mommycakes
Easter Bunny Bread Bowls from The Idea Room
Now, let’s take a bite of cupcakes and enjoy.
7 Responses to “Carrot Cake Cupcakes & 12 Easter Recipes”
Pingback: Easter Bunny Crispy Treat Tutorial