Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting
I am going to let you in on a little secret. Did you know that Cool Whip now has Cool Whip Frosting? Gasp! I have mentioned before that I can easily eat Cool Whip straight from the container, so is it true for their frosting? Yes! Unbelievably delicious!
They are carrying Cream Cheese, Vanilla, and Chocolate all of which are located right next to the regular Cool Whip at the store. As soon as I saw the options I immediately knew that I wanted to use the cream cheese on top of my Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes. The result? The most delicious cupcake ever, of course!
I decided to stick with the upcoming holiday as my theme and make these a fall or Halloween cupcake. They turned out moist and delicious and the cream cheese frosting added additional flavor! I also used the cream cheese frosting on another recipe that I’ll be sharing soon. I’m the new biggest fan and now plan to use this as opposed to traditional icing.
I have always been a huge fan of the whipped icing and prefer it over a butter-cream icing, so this product is perfect for me!
My son was happy to taste test them and he approved! I made these gluten free using a gluten free cake mix; however, you can make them either with or without gluten!
Caramel Pumpkin Cupcakes
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix (or Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix), Prepared per box instructions
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Sauce
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cartons Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Next prepare the box cake mix as instructed on the package for cupcakes. Then, mix in the pumpkin, caramel sauce, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into 24 prepared cupcake holders. I typically spray mine first with non stick baking spray.
- Bake these in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until completely done.
- Let these cool completely before frosting.
- I use a Wilton 1M tip and decorators bag to frost the cupcakes, filling the bag with the Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting. Then, top with sprinkles.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat! If you would like to see more of my shopping trip head on over to my Google + Album.
Also, you can check out all sorts of ideas to use this new frosting over on the Cool Whip Frosting Pinterest Board!
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip. #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric All thoughts, opinions, pictures, and recipe are my own.