Chicken Penne Alfredo
One of my favorite recipes on my blog is Penne Carbonara, which is what I set out to make when I was making this Chicken Penne Alfredo. That is until I realized that carbonara needs bacon and I had made chicken instead of bacon! So, what do we have? Chicken Penne Alfredo!
I love pasta and more importantly I love a good Alfredo. The downside is it is really hard to find a good Chicken Alfredo pasta at an Italian restaurant that someone gluten free can eat. This means I make my own more frequently!
I love this meal because it is so simple to put together. I use pre-cooked grilled chicken strips for this dish. For the chicken strips you can grill your chicken ahead of time and then just freeze it in the freezer until you are ready to use it or you can purchase the pre-cooked grilled strips at the store as well.
Pre-cooking meats in advance is a great way to shave off cook time!
I was able to quickly put this dinner together while my daughter was snacking down on some puffs. I really think puffs are baby crack, don’t you? What is it about those things that make babies nearly jump out of their chair? My son even loves them too. I find myself getting on to him for stealing his sister’s puffs!
Now, back to this penne. It is the perfect pantry meal!
Is it dinner time yet?
Chicken Penne Alfredo
- 16 oz Penne Pasta or Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Cup Sliced Grilled Chicken
- 1 Block Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Garlic Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Peas
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Begin by cooking the pasta as instructed on the package. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Next in the pot the pasta was in, warm up the cream cheese and butter along with the milk and stir until a sauce is formed. Typically, I keep the warmer on medium heat as I let the cheese melt.
- Then, add in the pasta, chicken, and the peas stirring to coat.
- Lastly, add the garlic salt until your desired taste.
- Serve topped with parsley and mozzarella cheese.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
3 Responses to “Chicken Penne Alfredo”
Pingback: Friday Favorites!