Waffle Style Hash Brown Sandwich

waffle style hash brown sandwich

This looks amazing, right?

I ask my husband the other night, what should we have for dinner?  Yes, I had a plan, but I got off my plan somehow and we were at the end of our groceries for the week.

What did we have?

A few eggs, a pack of bacon, and half a bag of hash browns.

I mentioned to my husband that I saw this fun way to cook hash browns in the waffle iron back on Facebook a long time ago.

Then, he said…”but what about a Waffle Style Hash Brown Sandwich?”

Then, I said…”You’re Amazing!  That’s why I married you.”  (Not really…but something like it)

All you do for this is take a few hash browns or shredded potatoes (either from the bag or homemade) and add them to a greased waffle iron.  Use enough to cover the iron.  I let these cook about 10 minutes longer than the actual ‘green’ light on the iron that indicates they are done.  I wanted mine nice and brown.

Next, we made some bacon and eggs then built our sandwich.  We used 2 hash browns from the waffle maker for the top and bottom then the inside had an egg and bacon.  Fabulous?  It was.

Even better than how fabulous this sandwich is…it’s also gluten free!  Woot!  No fancy, specialty bread is needed simply a bag of hash browns and your life will be complete.  Or maybe just a full tummy.

Print Print Save Save

Waffle Style Hash Brown Sandwich

Ingredients:

• 1 Bag of Shredded Hash Browns
  • 1 Pound of Bacon
  • 1 Dozen Eggs
  • (You can adjust amounts to make as many as you want.)

Directions:

1. Using a waffle maker, begin by spraying it with non stick cooking spray.
  2. Then, place about 1/2 a cup of hash browns in each side of the waffle maker. You will want to use enough to cover the plates.
  3. Next, shut the lid and let it cook through 1-2 cycles of your waffle maker until it's slightly browned and crispy.
  4. While these are cooking using a griddle or skillet, begin cooking your bacon per the package instructions and set aside.
  5. Next, crack and egg in the skillet or on the griddle and cook until the whites of the egg start to bubble and it's thoroughly cooked through.
  6. Once you have the hash browns, bacon, and eggs cooked build your sandwich.
  7. We start with the hash brown and then top with bacon and eggs!

Now are you ready to treat your kids to this breakfast beauty?  Go!

This has been linked up to Make Bake Create!

Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.

14 Responses to “Waffle Style Hash Brown Sandwich”

1. Aggieposted April 11, 2013 at 9:28 am

Wowzers!! This is genius and so fun! I have been craving hashbrowns lately and picked some up for one of our breakfasts this weekend. I just tossed my waffle iron – need a new one. Love this idea! :)

• Kristyreplied April 21st, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Got to love those cravings!!

2. Melposted April 11, 2013 at 11:47 am

That is brilliant and looks so good!!

3. Beth Zimmermanposted April 12, 2013 at 12:16 am

I don’t even like potatoes (I know … I’m weird. Don’t like coffee either. I’m kind of surprised my citizenship hasn’t been revoked!) but this looks really good! And I sure hubby would LOVE them! I may have to buy a waffle iron one of these days!

• Kristyreplied April 21st, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Oh yes, I love my waffle iron!!

4. Rachel @ BubblyNatureCreations.composted April 16, 2013 at 8:04 pm

This looks SO good! I never would have thought of something like that! genius!

• Kristy Stillreplied April 16th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

It’s yummy!

5. Mel {MamaBuzz}posted April 20, 2013 at 10:12 am

Oh, we love a good breakfast sandwich, especially for supper sometimes.:) Have never tried making one out of hash browns; what an awesome idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday! Featuring you in next week’s issue.

• Kristyreplied April 21st, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Thank you! I can’t wait to see it, love the link up!

6. Lisa-The Domestic Life Stylistposted April 24, 2013 at 7:17 am

This looks so yummy Kristy. I don’t own a waffle iron yet..but one I get one, this is the first thing I will prepare!

7. Lauren Shannahanposted August 8, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Delicious! We added cheese to ours. :)

8. tandem strollerposted October 13, 2013 at 4:35 am

hey there and thank you for your info – I have
    definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did
    however expertise several technical points using this web site, since I
    experienced to reload the website lots of times previous too I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering iif your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but
    sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
    Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out
    for much more of your respective interesting content.
    Make sure you update this again very soon.

1. Pingback: Inspire Me Wednesday {Issue 25}