Baby Update: She’s Here

baby

A month later, I’m finally getting this post up!  My baby girl, Cora, is just over a month old now, and I thought I would officially introduce her to the blog world.  Of course, if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram then you have already been bombarded with baby pictures.  I mean, what else would you follow me for?  I may have a little addiction to taking pictures of her!

All of these precious pictures on this post were done by my husband’s cousin.  She was so kind and came and took them all for us.

We are just completely in love with our little girl!  She was born on December 12th, 2012 at 11:37 PM.  She barely made it as a 12/12/12 baby, but she did!  It was completely not planned that way either.

I actually lost count of how many times I was in labor and delivery that week before we had her, I told the doctor we were just testing out the nurses to see which one we liked.  I was at 4 cm for over two weeks and had constant contractions, it was nonstop and one minute they would feel stronger then let up again.  Finally on the 12th, we went in for the 39 week appointment and I was finally at 5 cm and sent right on over to the hospital to have the baby!

cora

We got there around 5:30pm and then shortly after my water broke and we were on our way to having our baby girl.  I thought I was really strong until I hit about 7 cm and decided if I didn’t have an epidural I was likely going to harm my husband.  He agreed and was scared of me, as they did the epidural mid contraction I nearly bit his nose off.  Whoops!

Once it was time for baby to arrive, the doctor told me to cough and out she came with a tiny push and a cough.  I’m not joking, it was the easiest thing ever!

cora

In comparison, when I had my son I was in hard labor for 16 hours and had to push for 3 hours.  This was like a walk in the park compared to him.  When I had him, he was not breathing and had to be resuscitated and due to that we were unable to see him immediately.  This time around, we had plenty of time with our daughter immediately after birth which was so peaceful.

My son was not so sure about her at first, but he has warmed up to her now.  He loves to help me with her, this picture above was the first time he held his baby sister.

She weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches long, she’s now over 8 lbs and growing.

We are currently in the adjustment phase of little sleep and lots of eating!

cora

I’m completely in love and now have a new co-worker along side while I cook and blog!

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers!

19 Responses to “Baby Update: She’s Here”

1. Emberposted January 11, 2013 at 8:22 am

What a sweet angel! Congrats! :)

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 11th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Thank you!

2. Piperposted January 11, 2013 at 9:29 am

Aww so sweet…enjoy!

3. Donna Sellsposted January 11, 2013 at 9:37 am

You two make the cutiest baby’s. Enjoy both now, they will be grown before you know it.

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 11th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Thank you! I agree they grow up too fast!

4. Kristiposted January 11, 2013 at 9:38 am

She is adorable Kristy! Congratulations to you and your family!

5. Jennifer Klempleposted January 11, 2013 at 9:51 am

What a beautiful baby! Your little boy is so handsome too. Congratulations!

6. Kim | At Home With Kimposted January 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Congratulations Kristy!! She is absolutely precious!!! What an incredible blessing. And how fun that she has a 12/12/12 birthday? That’s awesome!!!

7. Ginny Sposted January 11, 2013 at 6:55 pm

What beautiful children you have! This baby girl is so precious and your family all look so happy! I agree, they grow up too quickly so treasure each minute!

8. Carrieposted January 11, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Congratulations! I love seeing the pictures you post of your family and your newest addition makes them even more special! :) Absolutely precious!

9. Susan Sundeposted January 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Little Cora is so tiny and so beautiful! No wonder you’re in love with her! Congratulations to you and your husband and your son, who I noticed is getting taller.

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 12th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

He’s growing like a weed! :)

10. Brandette W.posted January 12, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Yay, I had been hoping you would post more pictures and a birth story. Thank you so much for sharing and inviting us all into this part of your lives. It is so fun, isn’t it? We have one son who just turned 3, I so miss the tiny newborn days. Not the sleep deprivation, lack of schedule…just the itty bitty baby.

I look forward to many updates and pictures, so fun! Congratulations and many many happy days ahead.

11. Toriposted January 12, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Awwww so beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!

12. Mary Hposted January 14, 2013 at 6:15 am

How beautiful thank-you for sharing the pictures. This is such a wonderful time for you and your family. They just grow up way to fast.

13. Shanonposted January 15, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Makes me so excited for our second angel due in May!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 16th, 2013 at 10:28 am

Congrats on your upcoming new arrival! :)

14. Royal Brewedposted December 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm

More individuals these days are finding themselves in a romantic entanglement with nature’s caffeinated delight ‘ coffee.

You can find out more about the Keurig B60 Coffee
    maker within my Keurig B60 Review. The god or gods had no say, they had
    no options to offer.

15. Pamposted December 6, 2014 at 7:44 am

she is so beautiful, congratulations to you all. I enjoy all your great recipes on Pinterest