I posted these Catfish Nuggets way back a few years ago! This past week, we revisited an old favorite recipe. I have to say at the time that I originally made them my son loved them. That was when he was just starting to eat real food, now he eats a few bites and he says he doesn’t like fish!
I guess you win some, you loose some. On the other hand, my husband can eat nearly the entire plate of catfish! I thought I would share these again with updated pictures and an updated recipe!
This is one of the few ways we eat fried fish, typically I’m strictly baked fish only; however, my husband loves fried fish, so we have it on occasion!
- 4 6oz Catfish Fillets
- 1/2 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Next in a separate bowl mix the egg substitute and lemon juice.
- Warm up the oil on medium heat in a skillet. At this point, we use 2 Tbsp at a time until we get enough oil, starting with the 2 Tbsp.
- Cut the catfish into small strips, then place each strip into the egg mixture and coat with the breading mixture.
- Place in the oil and fry on both sides until fish is easily flaked with a fork. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Place on a plate with a paper towel to get the excess oil off.
- Repeat until all catfish is fried and serve with dipping sauce.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.