Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Finally after many months I updated my Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas recipe. It needed new pictures desperately, so I thought in celebration I would share it again!
The first time I made this, I did it prior to eating gluten free so I used flour tortillas and enchilada sauce. This time around I used corn tortillas and green taco sauce to replace the gluten filled ingredients. It can be made either way though and is delicious!
I like to serve this with a side of taco rice or even with homemade salsa.
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cooked and Cubed
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Black Beans, Drained
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, Drained (you can also use homemade salsa)
- 1 10oz Can of Green Enchilada Sauce or Gluten Free Green Taco Sauce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Burrito Size Flour Tortillas or 12 6 Inch Corn Tortillas
Note: If you use corn tortillas, you will want to heat them for one minute on each side in a greased and warm skillet before filling them.
Preheat oven to 375*.
Once the chicken is cooked, I put this into a food processor and pulse it until it's nice and shredded. Then, return to small skillet and add the taco seasoning with 1/4 cup water and let it simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray. Then, fill the tortillas again be sure to warm the corn tortillas first if you are using corn to avoid tearing. Fill the tortillas with chicken, beans, and tomatoes. Then, place seam side down in the baking dish.
Continue until the dish is full.
Next pour the enchilada sauce or taco sauce over all the tortillas and top with cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.