I’ll start this post by saying, I love to make casseroles! They are just so simple and typically loved by all the family which makes it a win win situation. I say typically because my picky eater has his moments.
I decided to whip up a batch of Slow Cooker Meatballs to make this easy dish. For the meatballs you can make them with ground chicken, turkey, or beef. This is a great meal to use frozen meatballs from that you may have had leftover from a previous dinner. Then, just reuse them in this dish and you have a great re-purposed meal!
I also used Tinkyada pasta to make this a gluten free dish, and my family could not tell a difference!
- 12 Prepared Meatballs (See recipe linked in post)
- 1 16oz Bag of Pasta (or Gluten Free Pasta)
- 1 26oz Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Be sure you are using prepared, cooked meatballs when you make this dish. I use the slow cooker meatball recipe that is linked within this post to make this dish. I let them cook throughout the day then have them ready to go for dinner time.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the package then drain and return to the stock pot.
- Pour in the jar of marinara sauce into the stock pot with the pasta and mix well.
- Next spray an 8x8 baking dish with non stick cooking spray and pour in the pasta.
- Place the meatballs on top of the pasta and sprinkle evenly with cheese and parsley.
- Bake in the oven on 350* for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.