Mini Taco Salads
My family loves taco salad, this recipe is one that my mother-in-law introduced me to when my husband and I were dating. It has always been a go to recipe for us even in my years before cooking regularly because it is so simple! Typically when we serve it we serve it with Fritos; however, a friend of mine introduced me to making these easy taco bowls using a muffin tin.
I was perusing Pinterest one day and spotted them there too over on Salad in a Jar. I adapted mine using corn tortillas and skipping the oils. I simply used a non stick cooking spray and sprayed the muffin tin with it.
I thought this would be perfect for our taco salad, plus you could also use these for guacamole, bean dips, 7 layer dips and a variety of other dips and meals.
All you have to do is flip your muffin tin upside down using the opposite side that you would normally use. Then, I heated up a few corn tortillas in the microwave to make them more pliable. Next I greased my pan with non stick cooking spray and placed them in between the muffin tins to make the bowls, lastly I just baked them for a few minutes! These turned out perfectly and hold their shape really well.
If you have taco loving kids too, these are fun for them as well, because it is just their size! I also thought these would be good to take to parties or pot lucks!
Mini Taco Salads
- 8 Corn Tortilla Shells (6 Inch)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning (or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning)
- 1 Head of Lettuce
- 1 Can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 2.5 oz Can of Black Olives, Sliced and Drained
- 1 Tomato Diced
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Catalina Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Spray the back side of a muffin tin, and place warmed up corn tortillas on it to form a bowl. These can be placed in between the muffin tins, as shown above. I was able to fit 3-4 comfortably on a pan. Be sure to warm up the tortillas in the microwave or on the stove to make them more pliable and avoid tearing. I placed mine on a plate and warmed them for 30 seconds.
- Bake these in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and holding shape.
- While these are baking, cook and drain ground beef in a skillet on medium heat. Add taco seasoning as according to package.
- Clean, shred, and tear the lettuce and place in a large bowl to use for the salads. The beans can be warmed up as according to the instructions on the can.
- Once the taco shells are done, let them cool then build your taco salad with lettuce, beans, olives, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and top with Catalina Dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy this fun taco salad!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.