Dill Chicken Salad
A few weeks ago I was at a friend’s house and she was making chicken salad. Although, I have made chicken salad in the past many times, I noticed that she put all the ingredients into her food processor to really mince up the chicken. My first thought was I have to get a food processor immediately and secondly I started thinking about my Easy Chicken Salad recipe and how good that would taste with the chicken minced up instead of just chunks.
Thankfully we live in the age of Amazon and Swagbucks, so I came home that night and ordered a food processor then the day I got it I made the Chicken Salad and it was amazing!
It makes the chicken very tiny like the picture above and for me I thought this made it taste more like restaurant style chicken salad. To make the chicken salad, I simply adapted my recipe a bit and came out with about 4 cups of chicken salad. I stored it in the fridge to use for lunches throughout the week.
I love chicken salad on croissants but unfortunately those are no longer on my diet, so my husband opted for one as I ate mine with a corn tortilla. I added a slice of cheese and some tomatoes and then rolled it up! Yum!
Dill Chicken Salad
- 6 Oz Nonfat Greek Yogurt- Plain
- 1/2 Cup Nonfat Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Dill Weed, to taste
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 4 Grilled Chicken Breast, Slice it up to go into processor (Medium Size)
- 4-5 Green Onions, Chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- Mix together all the dill mixture ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor add in all chicken salad ingredients and then pulse according to the instructions with your processor.
- Once you have it processed, pour it into a large bowl. Then, mix in the dill mixture.
- Serve immediately or let chill for a few hours.
- This made 4 cups of chicken salad.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.