Did you know that this dish right here, Beef Goulash, is what started this entire website? A few facts for your day, when I came up with the idea to start this website we were eating a variation of this dish almost every other day. It is why my husband was complaining that all he ever ate were noodles!
Luckily, now we rarely eat this and it’s a go to meal for us on busy nights or on pantry cooking nights when we are just using what we have on hand to whip something up! It’s such a simple meal, plus typically it’s a kid friendly meal too! Another great thing about this recipe is it does not require the oven.
If you are eating gluten free I use Tinkyada Medium Shells for this recipe and unfortunately, you have to forego that lovely piece of garlic toast in the picture.
- 1 Lb Medium Shell Pasta (I used Tinkyada for gluten free.)
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Optional)
- Begin by cooking and draining the ground beef.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells as according to the package.
- Once the pasta is drained, return it to the pot and add in the drained ground beef.
- At this point, I warm up the pasta sauce for a few minutes in the microwave. Be careful getting the jar out of the microwave because it will be hot. Pour the pasta sauce into the pot and mix well with the beef and pasta.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.