Garlic Bread Pizza

garlic bread pizza

The other day as I had a rare moment to watch TV I saw a commercial for a pizza delivery place that is now selling Garlic Bread Pizza.  My first thought was that sounds amazing and I must have it.  Then, the next thing was that I could probably make that for pennies compared to what they will likely be charging for it.

So, what is a girl to do?  Make it!  Then, seeing as I’m gluten free I had to resist the temptation of eating all of it, but I did make myself an alternative with gluten free bread.  Although, for my husband and son they had the real thing and my husband liked it more than pizza itself!

What is even better?  This is one of the most simple things to make and perfect for kids!

garlic bread pizza

I purchased a box of the frozen Garlic Bread Texas Toast then I simply topped it with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and we have a pizza night!

garlic bread pizza

Print Print

Garlic Bread Pizza

Yield: 8

Ingredients:

• 1 Box Garlic Bread Texas Toast (8 slices)
  • 1 Jar Pizza Sauce
  • Pepperoni or other pizza toppings
  • 2 Cups Shredded Mozarella Cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375*.
  2. Place the garlic bread on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
  3. Next add a little bit of pizza sauce to each slice of bread enough to cover the one side of the bread, then top it with pepperoni or your desired pizza toppings. Lastly, cover with cheese.
  4. Continue this process until all the slices of bread are done.
  5. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

This recipe has been linked to Eat at Home!

Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.

Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.

15 Responses to “Garlic Bread Pizza”

1. Deborahposted July 31, 2012 at 8:54 am

This is seriously tempting me and it’s not even 8am yet!

• Kristyreplied July 31st, 2012 at 8:57 am

Haha! It’s tempting me too and we just ate it! :)

• Kristyreplied July 31st, 2012 at 8:58 am

Well…not this morning but for dinner. lol

2. Jenposted August 13, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Pizza Hut is now making this, $9 for 9 little pieces! They’re good, but I much prefer the idea of making it myself, don’t you?

3. Jamesposted December 24, 2012 at 10:33 am

I have been making this for years (and have the waistline to prove it). When I first saw that Pizza Hut was doing it, I felt ripped off…like “how did they know?”

Luckily, I can still enjoy it without thinking about my ideas being stolen because it is soooo good and everyone should try it. Homemade is always better. I tried pizza huts and it wasn’t all that. My advice…use the New York brand Texas garlic toast, Prego traditional pasta sauce, and a mix of mozzarella and cheddar with a few Hormel peppers is to top it off.

I should have marketed this years ago…but as long as I can still enjoy it, that’s all that really matters.

–j

4. Amanda B.posted January 25, 2013 at 1:29 pm

What bread did you use for the gluten free version? My son and I have moved over to the gluten free lifestyle. He has an intolernace and I have a sensitivity. I haven’t really found a brand that I enjoy yet.

Thanks!

• Kristyreplied January 25th, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I used the Bob Mills bread, then I added butter and garlic to it to make it a garlic type bread.

5. harbor freight tools coupons 20 offposted August 18, 2013 at 6:50 am

I agree with you guys that a lot more products was nicer simply because you received to try out additional new issues, I like the newer totes because they
    get nicer and nicer each yr and now you can use them as
    a gift and preserve the products for yourself!

6. Www.Youtube.Composted November 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Pizza Hut is among the biggest pizza chains worldwide. Owning greater than 40,000 outlets throughout the world, the business is flourishing. The initial makers of Pizza Hut were university student and their mother.

7. goatladyposted January 22, 2014 at 7:45 pm

years.. Decades ago.. in San Jose Ca – there were pizza places named Round Table Pizza – this was one of thier items on the menu.. I’m talking way back in the late 60′s

8. Sharonposted May 30, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Can you confirm whether or not you thaw the frozen garlic bread prior to assembling?

• Kristyreplied May 30th, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I do not thaw them out. They usually thaw a bit though while you are preparing them but I just take them straight from the freezer.

• Sharonreplied May 30th, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Perfect – thank you!!

9. Ashleyposted June 24, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I just got done making and eating these. I was going to take a picture but they looked too awesome and we all scarfed them down. These were SO good!!! I just found your blog the other day and your recipes are so down to earth and yummy looking. I can’t wait to try out more.

1. Pingback: Garlic Bread Pizza: Without the Garlic Bread