Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Last week, my husband and I had an Italian night and one thing we had to have was Stuffed Mushrooms. This time I used Johnsonville’s Sweet Italian Ground Sausage. If you like a spicy kick, try the hot sausage. My husband loves hot sausage, and I am not a spicy fan so we comprised and went with sweet! It was delicious!
We also added marinara to our mushrooms too, I did a few with them and a few without. I actually preferred the ones with the marinara sauce, my husband agreed. Within a few minutes most of these mushrooms were disappearing before my eyes! Next time, I’m going to use hot sausage because I know my husband secretly would love hot sausage!
Let’s get on to this tasty recipe!
Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 8oz Package of Mushrooms, Cleaned and Stems Removed
- 1 Package of Italian Ground Sausage (Hot, Mild, or Sweet)
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs)
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cook the sausage then rinse and drain it. Put the drained sausage in a large bowl and mix with the bread crumbs.
- Next add in the cream cheese, parsley, and garlic mix this well.
- This recipe made about 24 Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Now, stuff the mushrooms with enough stuffing to fill just right about the mushroom cap.
- Lastly, drizzle with marinara and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Let these bake in the oven about 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
Adapted From: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Enjoy this delicious appetizer!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I am part of Johnsonville’s Kitchen Community Blogger Panel, in which I received many products to use to make Johnsonville Italian Inspired Recipes. All the thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.