Grilled Fish Tacos
Today’s post is going to be a bit different, as I’m going to use a few video’s to show you what we did to grill these and give you a glimpse of our outdoor cooking life!
I am taking part over the next few months of participating in a Fish Taco Promotion with the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute. Although, it’s a contest and some prizes are involved, I also just like the idea of being able to try out new fish taco recipes! One of the post is about using a video to show grilled fish tacos, I’ll let you know now I do not like seeing myself on video, so I rarely do video!
This time I’m going to show you a very simple grilled fish taco, that is easy to adapt to your taste! For us, we made the grilled fish tacos then topped them with some Homemade Salsa. I also use my Homemade Taco Seasoning, but you can use any brand you like.
Let’s get it started with the seasoning!
Now, the grilling fun!
The dark side here is the seasoning, it stayed on really well. We did end up grilling 5 minutes on each side and they were done, basically until they are easily flaked with a fork is key. I liked using the foil to avoid having droppings in the grill, but you could also use a grilling pan.
My hubby tried to do this and show himself grilling at least 5x and as soon as I would say ‘What are doing there?’ He would start giggling and could not get through it!
Finally, he decided to say hi to all of you!
Now the taste test!
Grilled Fish Tacos
- 4-5 6oz Tilapia
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 12 Hard Shell Corn Tortillas
- Pepper-jack Cheese
- Begin by seasoning the tilapia on one side with about 1/2 a tablespoon of seasoning for each tilapia.
- Next, grill on one side about 5 minutes on medium heat, then flip and do the same on the other side until well done. To grill this, I placed it on a greased sheet of foil. This could also be done on a grilling pan.
- Once you are done, simply build your taco with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these delicious fish tacos!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Disclosure: I was provided with a gift card to help purchase the fish for this contest. All the recipes, thoughts, and opinions are my own.