Homemade Chicken Alfredo
One of the first things I knew I would need to do after going Gluten Free was find a good pasta. Why? I love pasta. It just did not love me back. My first attempt at gluten free chicken Alfredo was a success, even my husband loved it! I used Tinkyada Brown Rice Spirals; however, if you do not need to eat gluten free just use a pound of your favorite pasta!
This time, I used my white sauce but added Parmesan to it. I have to say that this is one of my favorite sauces, the only downside to using a cream cheese based sauce is it hardens quickly, so this is best eaten fresh not reheated.
Let’s get on to this delicious recipe!
- 1 Lb Spiral Pasta (or your favorite type of pasta...I use Tinkyada Gluten Free)
- 2 Chicken Breast, Cooked and Cubed
- 1 8oz Block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Salt to Taste
- Parsley Flakes
- Begin by cooking the pasta as instructed on the package, drain and leave in strainer until you cook the sauce.
- In the warmed up stock pot that the pasta was cooked in add in the cream cheese, butter, milk, and cheese. Keep the heat on medium and continue stirring this until it is well mixed and creamy.
- Once it is fully mixed add in the drained pasta and the cubed chicken then coat the pasta and chicken with the sauce by stirring together.
- Next add in the garlic salt to taste. I typically add about 1-2 Tsp.
- Garnish with a little parsley and serve!
Disclosure: I am an Amazon affiliate, so the pasta link is an affiliate link. I simply wanted to show you all what pasta I used.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.