Heart Shaped Eggs

heart shaped eggs

It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and I have to say I love Valentine’s Day.  It has nothing to do with having a sweetheart or not, I love the colors, the treats, and the creativity.  What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day then with making a Valentine’s Day breakfast?

Even better, this breakfast takes just about 20 minutes to prepare, so it is fast enough to fix for the kids before heading out the door to work or school!

Basically this breakfast is all about cooking eggs in a heart shaped muffin tin.  I picked up a heart shaped muffin tin at Target last Valentine’s Day in their $1 section.  It has since proved to be very useful, I use it on a regular basis!

The first time I saw the idea for baking an egg was on this article on eHow, yes they have just about everything!  Many people are aware of this concept and many are not, it’s so simple though I could not imagine doing it any other way!

If you wanted to you could also use a few pieces of bread with cheese and make an egg sandwich.

Note:  If you are gluten free, simply prepare these eggs with your favorite gluten free bread recipe.  I enjoy using my bread machine for a variety of gluten free breads.

heart shaped eggs

Print Print

Heart Shaped Eggs

Ingredients:

• Heart Shaped Muffin Tin
  • Eggs

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
  2. Spray the tin with nonstick baking spray.
  3. Crack an egg into each heart in the muffin tin. Let these bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, mine took about 20 minutes.
  4. Let them cool for a few minutes and remove from muffin tin.

My husband thought these were the most wonderful breakfast, I think I’ll be using this same concept for many breakfast to come.  It’s very easy to find seasonal cupcake tins, be sure and pick them up when you see them and make some festive meals!

Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.

18 Responses to “Heart Shaped Eggs”

1. Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchenposted January 17, 2012 at 6:20 am

This bread is my favorite!!! I hope you enjoyed it as much as me. The eggs look so cute!

2. Brenda@SugarFreeMom.composted January 17, 2012 at 6:36 am

So cute! Love it! I pinned it too!

3. Aliciaposted January 17, 2012 at 7:36 am

Those are so sweet! Love it!

4. Rachel Tillerposted January 17, 2012 at 7:42 am

What a cute idea!! Were the yokes runny? I would have never thought about baking them like that!

• Rachel Tillerreplied January 17th, 2012 at 7:43 am

I would think they would be like a boiled egg… :) Just thinking out loud!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 17th, 2012 at 9:28 am

Not runny at all, very similar to hard boiled.

5. Vanessa Nunley, The More is More Momposted January 17, 2012 at 7:43 am

The heart shaped eggs are absolutely adorable! What a cute way to share a little love :-)

6. Tonia @ The Gunny Sackposted January 17, 2012 at 8:10 am

This is adorable Kristy! My girls both love eggs, so I am going to try this! I pinned it for Valentine’s Day.

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 17th, 2012 at 9:28 am

Thank you!

7. dianeposted January 17, 2012 at 8:27 am

That is so cute! My kids would love to wake up to that at breakfast!

8. Christyposted January 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

How cute! You are SO clever. I can’t get my 2 little ones to eat eggs for anything (no shape could convince them), but I fixed egg and sausage for my hubby every morning before work. Hmmmmm…..I think I have an idea! :)

9. Samantha @ Lillian McKayposted January 17, 2012 at 11:58 am

How cute is that!?!? I love it! This would be great to make for a surprise V-Day breakfast!

10. Allison @ Alli 'n Sonposted January 17, 2012 at 2:15 pm

These are so cute! I have a heart-shaped pan that I never use. I’m going to have to put it to work again.

11. Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories)posted January 17, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Very, very cute, Kristy! Love how simple it is.

1. Pingback: Helen’s Cooking Recipes | Easy Cooking in 1-2-3 | Helen’s Cooking Blog | Helen's Cooking Blog, Easy recipes and meal ideas.

2. Pingback: Life With The Crust Cut Off