This dish came from an adaption of a Taste of Home Mexican Lasagna recipe. It quickly became a favorite for my husband as he went back for THIRDS!! One of the major adaptions was that I used taco sauce instead of the salsa that it calls for in the original recipe. I do not particularly care for salsa which is why I adapted it; however, if you are a salsa fan then I am sure it will taste delicious!
- 15 Lasagna Noodles, Cooked and Drained (Tinkyada for gluten free)
- 1 Lb Ground Beef, Cooked and Drained
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 15 oz Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, reserve 1/2 the can
- 8 oz Taco Sauce
- Black Olives
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Once the ground beef is cooked add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
- Next, add in the beans, tomato sauce, and 1/2 the can of tomatoes. Let this simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a casserole dish with non stick spray and put in the 1st layer of lasagna noodles. I used 5 noodles per layer, this may vary depending on the size of your dish.
- Once the noodles are on use 1/2 of the meat mixture and then top with cheese. Repeat.
- After the final layer of noodles are on, pour the taco sauce over the dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the dish and top with the black olives, onions, remaining tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- This recipe is versatile and you can add the toppings that you prefer.
This recipe is now regularly on our menu plan as my husband could not resist it. This is a good one for the kids as well!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.