Sausage Breakfast Pizza
I made my first attempt at a breakfast pizza this past week and it was very tasty! I feel like I have tried making breakfast pizza in the past but it didn’t turn out. Based on the picture, you can probably tell that it got a little burnt. That would be because the cook, me, forgot about it in the oven! Even with it being a bit on the crispy side it was very good.
There are a few options when making a breakfast pizza primarily with the eggs. If you would like you can go ahead and scramble the eggs, then put them on top with your other ingredients and bake the pizza just until the crust is done. The other option, which is what I did with this one, is to beat the eggs then pour over the pizza like a sauce. This means the pizza will need to cook a bit longer to make sure the eggs are done. I plan to try it next time with the scrambled egg version to see which one I prefer.
If you need a pizza crust recipes, be sure to check out my favorite pizza crust.
- 1 Pizza Crust
- 1 Lb Ground Sausage, Cooked and Drained
- 1 Grated Baking Potato
- 4 Eggs Beaten
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Roll out the pizza crust on a greased pizza pan. Top the crust with the cooked sausage, grated potato, then pour the eggs over it evenly.
- Top the pizza with a good helping of cheese.
- Bake the pizza on 375* for 20-30 minutes or until the eggs are well cooked.
- If you choose to do the scrambled option, you may only need to bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is done.