Taco Roni and Giveaway
I was recently ask to do a review of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni. As I went down the aisles at the store to find the ingredients included the Beefaroni, I was surprised to find that Chef Boyardee offers a Whole Wheat version of their canned pastas for kids. Not only did I pick up a few for our dinner, but I also picked up a few for my son. He is extremely picky, but loves the Whole Wheat Chef Boyardee. This makes for easy meals for him on nights when we are having something he would not normally eat.
On top of buying the Beefaroni, I decided to try the recipe for Taco-Roni. This recipe was a hit with both my husband and myself, my son would prefer to stick with his plain Beefaroni. The main recommendation I would make to you when you make this is to add an extra pound of ground beef. I felt like the Beefaroni was skimping on the meat factor. There was very little meat and mostly noodles, it was still good but for this meal I would prefer more meat.
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Chef Boyardee Beefaroni
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup broken yellow tortilla chips
- Addition: Add in 1 Lb of Cooked Ground Beef
1. Place beefaroni, drained tomatoes, beans, corn, cumin, and ground beef in large saucepan; stir to combine
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and broken chips just before serving
Source: Ready Set Eat
In addition to this tasty recipes you also have a chance to win a prize pack from Chef Boyardee.
Prize Pack Includes:
2 Cans of Beefaroni
1. Leave a comment letting me know what you like about Chef Boyardee.
(leave a separate comment letting me know you have done this)
This giveaway will close on Thursday, September 15th at 11:59pm CST. The winner will be announced Friday morning.
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.