Chocolate Baked Doughnuts

While I was shopping at the Wilton Tent Sale, my eye immediately went to the doughnut pans!  What could be better than a pan specifically made for doughnuts?

I could not wait even 24 hours before trying these, so I stumbled upon the Baked Chocolate Doughnuts recipe by Fake Ginger.  Delicious, right?

I made these exactly as she instructs; however, since I have not been home to go to the grocery store I was out of powdered sugar.  No worries, I had chocolate frosting in my pantry.  I slathered on the chocolate frosting and went sprinkle happy!  In my world there could never be enough sprinkles.

While I was taking pictures of these, there was a little man sitting next to me.  He had his hands crossed behind his back, trying so hard to resist the temptation.

Then, he could not take it any longer.

Oh how he tried, but the chocolate lured him in or maybe he’s like his mama and the sprinkles are his weakness.

After taking a bite, he placed it perfectly back on the plate so I could continue getting a photo.

Minutes later, he was at it again, but at least he was a happy little man with his doughnut.

Enjoy this chocolate, sprinkle goodness!

6 Responses to “Chocolate Baked Doughnuts”

1. Anna Marieposted June 12, 2011 at 6:35 am

Chocolate cake doughnuts are my absolute favorite! Can’t blame him. Kristy….your photos are getting as good as Ree’s! Nice job!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied June 12th, 2011 at 7:24 am

Thank you, you are too sweet! :)

• Paulareplied June 12th, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Kristy, I keep meaning to let you know how precious I think that sweet boy of yours is. He reminds me so much of my sweet little boy Lucas who will be turning 25 this next coming Wednesday. I love to be reminded of things they do and just the overall special-ness of them, so thanks for that! Time flies by quickly, so look at him closely everyday and don’t miss a thing because in a flash he will be a grown man!

• Kristyreplied June 12th, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Thank you! I always remember that anytime he is have a grumpy day that one day I’m going to miss this!

2. Emberposted August 20, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I must have one of those funnnnnn doughnut pans!!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied August 20th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I love it! I want to buy another one and they have mini ones too!